Welcome

Welcome to my investment blog where I share with you my analysis of REITs in Singapore.

I hope that my investment philosophy will bring me a steady stream of income apart from my job. I am aiming for at least $3,000 per month which can sustain the current expenses of myself and my family.

Do enjoy reading my blog and post any comments that you have. I welcome them because it is a time to learn from each other.

When I am looking at investing in REIT, here are some of the guidelines that I am looking at. Feel free to comment on it. I am willing to listen to ideas.

-> at least 8% yield.
-> Price that is lower than its NAV.
-> Low gearing (if possible)
-> High secured NAV.

Current Dividend income is $3,800/month.

Friday, November 7, 2014

Analysis of AIMSAMP Trust

Current Price on 6th Nov 2014 = $1.455
  • Current Yield = 7.62%  
  • Price-to-book Ratio = 0.953
  • Asset Per Unit = $2.334
  • Liabilities per unit = $0.807
  • Gearing = 34.6%

It has been almost two months since I posted. Had been busy with work so have not been monitoring closely.

AIMSAMP Trust has reported their results earlier which recorded an increase of almost 10% in its DPU. (2.77 cents per unit). Moreover, its NAV has also increased to $1.52 which is above its trading price.

Following all these, we have a price-to-book ratio of 0.953 which is a respectable ratio, a yield which is also strong at 7.62%. With the completion of their AEI, I believe the DPU will continue to increase.

There is a lot more properties which has AEI potential and it is increasingly behaving as a organic growth REIT. Their yield and NAV will continue to increase. The question is how fast or slow it is.

I still have quite a substantial holdings on this (40,000 shares & 11,000 in CPF). I have previously thought of selling it but since the increase in yield, I will need to think it through again.

2 comments:

  1. Hi jc.
    I'd calculated the ratios with 2Q financial report, but getting different answers from yours le. Pls advise. Thank u!

    yield = (2.77+2.55+2.51+2.77)/145.5 = 7.29%

    asset per unit = 1454/ 621.1 = $2.34

    liab per unit = 503.71/621.1 = $0.811

    Thanks for your time.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Mf Foong,

      I am not too concerned with the minor differences that you have with regards to assets and liabilities. I may not be that accurate. But for yield, I took only one quarter then multiply by 4 so there is a difference.

      ;-)

      Delete