Welcome

Welcome to my investment blog where I share with you my analysis of REITs in Singapore.

I hope that my investment philosophy will bring me a steady stream of income apart from my job. I am aiming for at least $3,000 per month which can sustain the current expenses of myself and my family.

Do enjoy reading my blog and post any comments that you have. I welcome them because it is a time to learn from each other.

When I am looking at investing in REIT, here are some of the guidelines that I am looking at. Feel free to comment on it. I am willing to listen to ideas.

-> at least 8% yield.
-> Price that is lower than its NAV.
-> Low gearing (if possible)
-> High secured NAV.

Current Dividend income is $3,800/month.

Tuesday, September 9, 2014

Updates on Current Holdings

Ever since I posted the changes to my current holdings, I have transferred and made a purchase which is a surprise even to myself.

With Viva Industrial Trust creeping up and beyond my price expectations, Accordia Golf Trust's unexpected and fast rebound, I have actually made a purchase on Global Investment Limited even though I already have about $57,000 worth of investments in it already. The reason is that it is giving more than 10% dividend return with a discount to NAV. Moreover, its NAV has been creeping up which is perfectly a good sign. 

It is better than OUE Commercial Trust in terms of NAV, better than Accordian Golf Trust and Viva Industrial Trust in terms of yield. The only issue is that it has zero capital appreciation which is fine to me as that is my expectations anyway.

I have also sold Mapletree Greater Commercial Trust for personal reasons (not investment reasons). It means I needed the money for some use. I will put it back but not so soon.

Here is the portfolio that I have. (Including those which I bought using CPF which is 11,000 shares of AIMSAMP REIT)

Yield = 8.063%
Monthly income = $1,055

Total Assets = $218,403
Total Liabilities = $34,888
NAV = $183,515
Market Value = $157,097
Market-to-NAV = 0.856

Secured NAV = $107,341 (68% of market value)


3 comments:

  1. Hi,
    I also made a recent purchase of 185 lots of Global Inv. Glad to see from your analysis that Global Inv dividend is more than 10%! I entered at a price of $0.141 wondering if it's a good price to enter.

    I'm currently looking at investing another $29K or funds in REITS, however, i do not see any REITS that appeals to me due to reduced yield & higher price to book ratio. Any advice from you just in case I have missed out any good investments?

    Regards,

    Rat Racer

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Rat Racer,

      Many thanks for your comments. My detailed analysis on Global Inv will be up soon which will appeal to you more (I think).

      As for REITs, the market is fairly mature now so not many REITs look appealing. It really depends on which data are you looking out for.

      If you are looking for yield, Viva Industrial Trust as mentioned in my post. Above 7% can also be considered.

      If you are looking for discount to NAV, OUE Commercial Trust (as mentioned in the post as well) seems good. Moreover, it is just listed so not many ppl notice it yet.

      Just my two cents worth. You need to decide which data is more important to you.

      Enjoy investing.

      Delete
  2. Hi,

    I have been inspired by your blog and have been slowly building up my own REITs portfolio.

    Was reading through your blog again , and wanted to ask your opinion about
    Far East H Trust & Starhill Global which currently having price lower than its NAV and also relatively low gearing ratio.

    Also, wanted to hear a bit of your thoughts on AIMSAMP Cap Reit . It is a bit too late to enter for this?

    Thanks and i really like how you keep things simple,like focusing only on REITs.

    Cheers

    ReplyDelete