Welcome

Welcome to my investment blog where I share with you my analysis of REITs in Singapore.

I hope that my investment philosophy will bring me a steady stream of income apart from my job. I am aiming for at least $3,000 per month which can sustain the current expenses of myself and my family.

Do enjoy reading my blog and post any comments that you have. I welcome them because it is a time to learn from each other.

When I am looking at investing in REIT, here are some of the guidelines that I am looking at. Feel free to comment on it. I am willing to listen to ideas.

-> at least 8% yield.
-> Price that is lower than its NAV.
-> Low gearing (if possible)
-> High secured NAV.

Current Dividend income is $3,800/month.

Thursday, April 17, 2014

Updates on Current Holdings

Ever since the post in February, there are some updates on my portfolio with rights issue, purchases and scrip dividend.

1) I bought another 63,000 shares of Global Investment Limited at $0.16 just before it got ex-cd. With that, I got another 40,855 shares worth of scrip dividend. Overall, it either break even or got a small loss but I am not too worried yet.

2) I managed to get 6,019 worth of rights for AIMSAMP Industrial REIT at $1.08. It helps to lower my cost of investment and at the same time participate in its value-adding redevelopment plans.

Thus with that here are the statistics of my portfolio.

  • Current Yield = 7.76%  
  • Price-to-book Ratio = 0.810
  • Gearing = 25.59%
  • Secured NAV = 63%




No comments:

Post a Comment